WelcomeI'm Derek Mueller, Assistant Professor of Written Communication and Director of the First-year Writing Program at Eastern Michigan University. My teaching and research concern the interplay of writing, rhetoric, and technology. More specifically, I am motivated by questions concerning digital writing platforms, networked writing practices, theories of composing, rhetorical aspects of computational methods (e.g., data mining and visualization), archiving and databases, visual and geospatial rhetorics, and discipliniographies or field narratives related to Rhetoric and Composition.
Courses—Recent & Upcoming
- ENGL516: Computers and Writing: Theory and Practice—Winter 2014 (CRN TBD)
- ENGL328: Writing, Style, and Technology—Winter 2014 (CRN TBD, Online)
- ENGL596: Teaching Composition on the College Level—Fall 2013 (CRN 11102)
- ENGL326: Research Writing—Summer 2013 (CRN 54551)
- ENGL328: Writing, Style, and Technology—Summer 2013 (CRN 54552)
- ENGL527: Visual Rhetoric—Winter 2013 (CRN 22955)
- ENGL505: Rhetoric of Science and Technology—Fall 2012 (CRN 15125)
- ENGL444: Writing for the World Wide Web—Fall 2012 (CRN 16992)
- ENGL121: Comp II: Researching the Public Experience—Fall 2012 (CRN 11107)
Office: 613M Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Fall 2013 Office Hours: Tu-Th, 12-2:30 p.m. and by appt.
T: (734) 985-0485