Portfolio with Reflection (20%, 20 points)
As a culminating project in WRTG500, you will prepare and submit a portfolio with a reflective essay. Consider the portfolio an assemblage of your work from the semester arranged so as to represent distinctive instigations: moments of discovery, puzzlement, redirection, indecision and resolution, wonder, confusion, or connection. In a 3-4 page reflection that introduces the portfolio, you will elaborate on a selection of these instigations, preferably by providing context and by supplying adequate depth of detail to make it compelling. When possible, acknowledge the relationship between your choices and the course outcomes. Your portfolio should include the following contents:
- Cover or cover page (optional)
- Table of contents
- Reflective essay (3-4 pp.; not more than four pages).
- Matrix project
- Up to two selected Broke Notes entries discussed in the reflective essay
- Remainder of Brooke Notes entries (at least six total, including the two in the previous line)
- Additional drafts, slidedecks, notes, or documents you consider representative of your work in the class
The completed portfolio with reflection is due to the Canvas dropbox by 6:30 p.m. on Monday, December 14. Prepare to submit your portfolio and reflection as a single PDF or .doc file.
Contact InformationDerek N. Mueller, PhD
Associate Professor of Rhetoric and Writing
Director of Composition
Department of English
Office: 315 Shanks Hall
Spring 2019 Office Hours: T, 12-3